Spicy Thai Vegetable Wraps:
For the Wraps you will need:
6 Large collard green leaves
1 carrot (shredded)
1 large ripe mango (match stick pieces)
2 tablespoons chopped ginger
½ a head of savoy cabbage (shredded)
1 small beet (match stick pieces)
1 table spoon of olive, sesame, hemp oil.
½ a red pepper (match stick pieces)
½ a yellow pepper (match stick pieces)
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup of lemon juice
handful of cilantro leaves (fresh)
handful of mint leaves (fresh)
½ a cup of raw sliced almonds
Handful of pea sprouts. (garnish)
For the dipping sauce:
½ a cup of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of sesame seed oil
½ a cup of fresh orange juice
1 clove of garlic
1 nub of ginger
1 tablespoon of miso
1 chopped red chili pepper
3 tablespoons of raw almond butter
2 tablespoons of grated orange rind.
handful of cilantro
- Cut along the stem and center rib vertically, this will divide the leaf in half leaving you with 2 pcs./collard leaf.
(keep stems for soup) Set collards aside, under side facing up.
- wash and chop all vegetables as specified and set aside in large bowl.
- in a hand blender (or use a small bowl & whisk) mix ginger, oil, lemon juice, fresh cilantro, fresh mint, and salt. Add water if necessary. This should be light, and just enough to coat the raw veggies
- pour mixture over the vegetable mix, toss and coat vegetables.
- take collard green (underside facing up) fill the center of leaf with vegetable mixture, fold collard leaf over the mixture and roll. Use a toothpick to hold.
- Note: it’s a really nice touch to have some of the ingredients peeking out the ends.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds & pea sprouts
Combine all ingredients (except chilies) into hand blender, and mix.
Add chilies last (as desired)